At Bflike we’re on a mission to bring the tastiest, juiciest meat substitutes to consumers worldwide. We enable our partners (well-known consumer brands) with our product- and process technology in constructing a pipeline of next generation meat and fish alternatives. Bflike is a start-up company with a young and ambitious team; making the impossible possible is what we strive to do daily.
What’s the job about?
The primary responsibility of this role is to work on Bflike product and process technologies in a team of Product Developers and the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). You’ll use existing knowledge-platforms on product categories to develop the tastiest meat and fish substitute products tailored to local consumer needs.
Your main responsibilities
- Work on new knowledge platforms for innovative meat and fish substitutes.
- Work on existing recipe formulations for product improvements (e.g. in terms of cost/supply chain efficiency, compliance or reformulation for healthier products).
- Collaboration with QA Manager on product documentation (Risk Inventories, Shelf life studies, etc.).
- Project management of product development projects.
- Technology scanning and competition research.
- Work on up-scaling of new product and process innovations in our demo-factory.
- External collaboration with licensees, suppliers and service providers, governments and consultants.
- Internal collaboration with Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Operations & SC Director, Quality Assurance Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Sales.
- General responsibilities including Health, Safety, and Environment management; managing costs and efficiency within the development area; continuous improvement; keeping up-to-date with literature and market developments.
Who we’re looking for:
- You hold minimum a Bachelor’s degree, e.g Food Science or Chemistry.
- Experience in product development is a big plus.
- Interested in plant-based alternatives.
- You speak and write Dutch and English very well.
- 3 – 6 years of work experience.
- Job based on 4 to 5 days a week.
- Someone with problem-solving capacities, who’s goal-oriented and enterprising.
- A go-getter who’s communicative, stress resistant and conscious of technique and quality.
What can we offer?
- An opportunity to use your creativity to create innovative plant-based alternatives for meat and fish.
- A dynamic start-up environment, so there’s never a dull moment.
- Learning and development opportunities, and training that suits your development and career at Bflike.
- A place between young and motivated colleagues.
- Salary depends on your knowledge and experience.
- Travel reimbursement to work locations.
For any questions or to apply, please contact Joan Ribo or Huib Vermeulen (email@example.com).